Volunteer at Wildwood Park
Volunteers play a very important role in the daily operations of Wildwood Park. Their enthusiasm and dedication are valuable resources. Their contributions of time and talent are greatly appreciated by the staff and by the visitors who use our park.
Volunteer support is essential on all levels, whether it is working with the public or behind the scenes. Once a week, once a month or on a specific project, volunteers help the professional staff to preserve and maintain Wildwood Park’s wetlands, forest, trails, nature center and/or assist with educational programs.
- Nature Center/Front Desk – Meet and greet visitors, answer telephones, process nature shop sales, assist the staff with the opening and/or closing of the nature center, and assist visitors in the exhibit hall.
- Nature Center/Front Desk – Meet and greet visitors, answer telephones, process gift shop sales, assist the staff with the opening and/or closing of the nature center, and assist visitors in the exhibit hall.
- Volunteer Work Day — Work outside on park and habitat enhancement projects. Held the second Saturday of each month from March through November from 10 am—1 pm. Cancelled if raining.
- Trail Trimmers – Maintain trails by eliminating encroaching vegetation while maintaining the natural features, monitor and alert staff of potential safety hazards.
- Education Programming – Assist the educational staff with the planning, organizing and conducting of programs and events.
- Landscape Maintenance and Projects – Work in the developed areas of the park and grounds surrounding the nature center to control and maintain planted vegetation. Assist with invasive plant control.
- Events and Outreach Programs – Help staff booths at fairs and other community events, conduct public relations presentations for community groups and organizations.