Friends of Wildwood
The Friends of Wildwood goal is:
This is accomplished by:
- Supporting educational efforts
- Providing educational and recreational opportunities for the general public
- Driving membership in an effort to increase funds to support the maintenance and enhancements of the park
Board of Directors
The Friends Board of Directors meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at Wildwood Park in the Benjamin Olewine III Nature Center.
The Friends Board currently is comprised of nineteen members including President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer who represent the broad interests of the public.
The Park Manager (or alternate designee) is a voting member of the Board. The Director of Dauphin County Parks and Recreation is an ex-officio member of the Board.
Board members and officers serve without compensation.
Directors are elected at the Annual Meeting, held in November, to serve for three (3) years beginning with the first day of the new year and are limited to two (2) consecutive terms.
SecretaryMary Laverty Bigelow, Ph.D.
- Matt Barcaro
- Jim Caufield
- Carl Dickson, Dauphin County Parks and Recreation Director
- Heather Dock
- Patricia Garcia
- Nancy Graham
- Emily Hand
- Teresa Harrold
- Lee Johnson
- Carol Lopus
- Walter E. Meshaka, Jr., Ph.D.
- Chris Rebert, Park Manager
- Shawn Scott
- Mara Shall
- Kenneth Stark
- Gene Wingert